Friday, April 02, 2010

spicy tuna cheesemelt


I just thought I would share the recipe for Spicy Tuna Cheesemelt that Bro. Jody Magtoto, SJ invented during those times when there's nothing to do in the faculty room and I was hungry. This recipe has been shared to some friends and students who swear by how good it tastes. If you're into spicy food and cheesy food you would love this. Even get addicted to it!

This is how you do it.

Heat a tablespoon of olive oil (ordinary cooking oil will do) in a pan. Sautee onions. Add mushroom. I use Jolly's Champignon's Pieces and Stems, 1 small can. Stir until mushroom is soft. Add a cup of chicken broth (Just put a cube of Knorr chicken cubes in a cup of hot water). Bring to a boil. Stir in the cream (250ml Alaska Cream) followed by the the cheese. I use Magnolia Cheesemelt. Cut the cheese into one inch squares for easy melting. When the cheese has melted, add one can of Century Tuna Hot and Spicy. You can add another can depending on how much tuna you want in your sauce. I drain my tuna before I add them. Mix-mix. Then add black pepper, bell peppers and the spring onions. It's up to you how spicy you want it. As for me, I usually put a lot of black pepper and bell peppers.

For the pasta, I've used and experimented on a lot of pasta to blend with the sauce above. So far, the best has been San Remo's Vegeroni Spirals.

There you go! Try it out! Since it's holy week and meat is forbidden you might just like this spicy, cheesy tuna pasta. :)


0 comments:

 
;